This guide will walk you through installing the Google Drive Backup & Sync utility that will back up your school laptop to your school Google Drive. This automatic sync is set to backup the following locations: Desktop, Documents, Pictures.
- Open Self Service App on your laptop
- From the menu on the left, select Tech Utilities
- Under Google Backup Utility, click Install
- When finished, Backup & Sync will open
- If your computer prompts you to allow access to photos, etc. click OK/Allow
- Click Get Started
- Sign in using your Nevada email account
- If a window with the text Choose folders from your computer to continuously backup to Google Drive… pops up, click Got It
- Click Next
- If a window with the text Sync files from My Drive to a folder on this computer… pops up, click Got It
- Click Start
If you need to access your backed up files, you can access them through Google Drive on the web. When in drive, you will now have a link for “Computers” on the left. Clicking that will give you your computer, and within your computer your backed up files.