Athletic Hall of Fame Information
The Nevada High School Athletic Hall of Fame was created in 1990 to recognize exceptional accomplishments of former Nevada High School athletes and coaches.
Qualifying for an Athletic Hall of Fame Nomination
An athlete must meet two of the following four criteria:
- First team all-conference performer twice
- State qualifier, first team all-district, or all-state team recognized by the Des Moines Register or Iowa Newspaper Association. Honorable mention or special mention do not count as state teams. Members of teams that have won a conference or sectional championship may be considered.
- Conference, district, or sectional champion for individual sports
- School record-holder
- Five years must have elapsed following the nominee’s graduation from high school.
- Coaches with outstanding records at Nevada may be considered.
- Criteria for nomination must be from a sport sanctioned by the IHSAA or IGHSAU. Additional criteria from non-sanctioned sports will not be considered by the Hall of Fame Committee.
- Athlete must have graduated from Nevada High School or a consolidated school district that has been absorbed by NCSD (Shipley, Fernald, Milford) (updated 11/2023)
The Hall of Fame Committee includes high school administrators, retired coaches, and community members familiar with accomplishments of NHS athletic programs.
Submit a Nomination
Nominations for future Hall of Fame members can be submitted here, are due by October 31 each year, and are kept on file for five years.
View the Athletic Hall of Fame
View current inductees into the Athletic Hall of Fame here.
Nevada Purple and Gold Award
The Nevada Athletics Purple and Gold Award was created by the Athletics Hall of Fame Committee in 2020 to honor individuals who have made significant contributions to the NHS Athletics Department in a supporting role over a period of time.
Qualifying for a Purple and Gold Award Nomination
- Nominees must have made significant contributions to Nevada High School Athletics in a support role.
- Emphasis will be placed on the longevity of contributions over time.
- The nominee may still be playing an active role in supporting the NHS Athletic Department or their contributions may have occurred in the past.
- Once an individual is nominated, they need not be re-nominated. Nominations will be carried over each year.
- No more than one Purple and Gold Award will be given in any year. However, there need not be a Purple and Gold Award inductee each year.
- An individual can be nominated by the public or by the Hall of Fame Committee.
Submit a Nomination
Nominations for future Purple and Gold Award members can be submitted here.