The Nevada High School Athletic Hall of Fame was created in 1990 to recognize exceptional accomplishments of former Nevada High School athletes and coaches.
Qualifying for an Athletic Hall of Fame Nomination
An athlete must meet two of the following four criteria:
- First team all-conference performer twice
- State qualifier, first team all-district, or all-state team recognized by the Des Moines Register or Iowa Newspaper Association. Honorable mention or special mention do not count as state teams. Members of teams that have won a conference or sectional championship may be considered.
- Conference, district, or sectional champion for individual sports
- School record-holder
- Five years must have elapsed following the nominee’s graduation from high school.
- Coaches with outstanding records at Nevada may be considered.
The Hall of Fame Committee includes high school administrators, retired coaches, and community members familiar with accomplishments of NHS athletic programs.
Submit a Nomination
Nominations for future Hall of Fame members can be submitted here, are due by October 31 each year, and are kept on file for five years.
View the Athletic Hall of Fame
View current inductees into the Athletic Hall of Fame here.