Nevada High School is planning on holding commencement exercises for the Class of 2020 on Sunday, July 12, 2:00 p.m in Cub Stadium, weather permitting. Below are logistical details regarding Graduation and Prom.
- Graduation walk-through will be held Friday, July 10th at 10:00am
- Graduation will be held Sunday, July 12th at 2:00pm at Cub Stadium, weather permitting
- A decision will be communicated by July 9th on whether commencement will be able to be held outside or indoors in the NHS Fieldhouse.
- Tickets – Entrance to commencement will be limited to those with tickets so that we are able to properly limit the number of those in attendance to adhere to Social Distancing
- Graduates will receive 6 tickets at the Senior walk-through on July 10th
- If a Senior does not need all 6 of their tickets, they may give tickets to another Senior
- Seating – we will be following Social Distancing protocols for those in attendance
- Every other row of bleachers will be available; both home and away bleachers will be used
- Those attending may bring lawn chairs if the ceremony is in the stadium.
- Those attending may sit in the grass or on the track (anywhere outside the roped off area for the graduates)
- Those attending should social distance by household
- At this link you can find a map to seating locations in Cub Stadium
- There will be no choir or band as part of the commencement ceremony
- Graduation will be live streamed
Due to current CDC & IDPH guidelines and recommendations regarding social distancing, prom will not be held on Friday July 10th. Pending further CDC & IDPH guidelines and recommendations, prom will be held on Friday August 7th. This decision will be finalized by Friday, July 31st.