Nevada Community School District is looking for people interested in substitute teaching for the 20/21 school year!

Becoming a substitute teacher could be one of the most rewarding decisions of your life! It’s a great way to make a positive difference for children and youth while supporting the school.

Did you know that you don’t have to be a certified teacher in order to sub in Iowa?

The Governor’s Proclamation of Disaster Emergency, signed July 17, 2020, allows for increased flexibility in the use of substitute teachers during the disaster emergency period.

At this time, receiving a Substitute Authorization will allow an individual who holds an associate’s degree (or higher) or has completed 60 semester hours through a regionally-accredited institution to substitute in grades PK-12.

An individual who holds a paraeducator certificate without an associate’s degree and completes the Substitute Authorization course will be authorized to substitute in any classroom except driver’s education.

Heartland AEA in Johnston holds monthly Substitute Authorization classes.  You can sign up through the Heartland AEA web site or by calling (800) 362-2720. If you have any questions about subbing in Nevada, do not hesitate to contact the District Office at 382-2783.