Individualized learners engage in creative and critical thinking remaining flexible and continuously adapting, as their learning needs change.
Alignment to Community Developed Learner Outcomes:
- ELEM…..Being a part of a student led enterprise.
- MS … Share a technology-based presentation to an identified audience.
- HS…. Initiates own learning by researching self-created essential questions
- Critical Thinkers
- ELEM…..ID the problem, analyze the problem, evaluate the information and form conclusions.
- MS…. Identify a community-based problem and present a solution to a group.
- HS…Uses metacognition to advance own higher-order learning
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- ELEM….Participate in many collaborative groupings. Being a good listener as well as asking students to be risk takers.
- MS… Set and update an academic goal and action plan
- HS…Recognize *something* isn’t working and develop a new plan
- Empathetic and Compassionate Individuals
- ELEM….Building relationships with multiple stakeholders (Mosaic, Long Term Care, Nevada Food Bank, Cubbie’s Cupboard)
- MS… Participate in the CKH social contracts affirmations
10 hours of community service
- HS…Demonstrates a growth mindset
Alignment to District Belief Statements:
- We will make decisions that place students first.
- We will provide a safe, supportive, positive learning environment for all students.
- We will collaborate to strengthen instruction and learning.
- We will create meaningful learning experiences to actively engage all students.
- We are committed to changing with our world.
Alignment to Current District Initiatives:
- Capturing Kids Hearts
- Social Emotional Learning
- Authentic Intellectual Work
- Community Identified Learner Outcomes
- Competency Based Education