As a school corporation of Iowa, the Nevada Community School District, acting through its Board of Directors states its Vision, Mission and Focus:
VISION: The Nevada Community School District is a learning community where all teachers, staff, students, and parents collaborate in the learning process to ensure success for all students.
MISSION: Preparing Learners Today for Tomorrow.
- We will ensure that continuous improvement and excellence are the foundation for teaching and learning.
- We will provide a safe, supportive, and positive learning environment for all students.
- We will collaborate to strengthen instruction and learning.
- We will make decisions that place students first.
- We will fully implement the Iowa Common Core Curriculum.
- We will create meaningful learning experiences to actively engage all students.
- We are committed to changing with our world.
Approved: May 4, 1990
Reviewed: March 9, 2015
Revised: November 28, 2011