K-12 New Student Enrollment Process
On behalf of the staff and students in the Nevada Community School District, welcome! We are thrilled you are considering – or have chosen – Nevada as your home for an outstanding educational experience for all learners.
To help ensure that schools, students, transportation and staff are well prepared for the first day of school, parents are encouraged to register their child or children online during registration week.
Checklist for New Students
The following documents are required for enrollment. Please bring these documents with you to the Nevada Community School District Office to register your student(s) with our district.
1. Proof of age. (an acceptable document would be a birth certificate, adoption record, certified statement of a physician, an immunization record with birthdate)
- Under Iowa Code section 282.3 a child MUST be five on or before Sept. 15 to enter kindergarten and must be six on or before Sept. 15 to enter first grade.
- Students must be registered using the child’s legal name under Iowa Department of Education Rule 12.3(4).
2. Immunization records. Iowa law requires a parent to verify proper immunization against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis B and varicella to enroll in school.
3. Proof of residency. All new students must provide the proper documentation to establish proof of residency. The name and address on these documents must match the name and address of the parent or legal guardian of the student(s) being registered. Please provide one of the following:
- A copy of your most recently paid property tax bill
- A copy of a recent mortgage statement
- A copy of a utility bill for the last of current month
- A copy of current rental or lease agreement
- Proof of your residence within Nevada CSD boundaries. This can be a bank statement a pay stub from your current employer with your name and address clearly listed from the last or current month.
- Verification of residency for the family with whom you are living as listed above in “Homeowner”.
4. Health History and Medical Exam. You will be asked to enter general health history information for each student you register.
5. Home Language Survey. All new students to Nevada CSD are required to fill out a Home Language Survey. This survey is available in multiple languages.
7. Pay Fees