Print Friendly, PDF & Email

If the student’s parents wish to withdraw or transfer the student from school prior to completing and graduating from the education program, they will notify the building principal as soon as possible of the decision to withdraw or transfer the student from the education program.  The student or parent should present this written notice at the building office and receive instructions regarding the return of textbooks, library books, locker equipment, an amount left in a meal account, etc.

The notice will state the student’s final day of attendance.  If the student is not enrolling in another school district, the District will maintain the student’s records in the same manner as the records of students who have graduated from the District.

When the new school district requests the student’s cumulative records, the District will forward the cumulative records.   This notice will include the name of the school district and the person at the new school district to whom the student’s cumulative records should be sent.

If the student is of compulsory education age and not transferring to another public school district or an accredited nonpublic school, the parents will notify the superintendent that the student is receiving competent private instruction and file the necessary competent private instruction reports.

Approved: August 28, 2006

Reviewed: June 17, 2024

Revised: January 10, 2011