The Board believes online fundraising campaigns, including crowdfunding campaigns, may further the interests of the District. Any person or entity acting on behalf of the District and wishing to conduct an online fundraising campaign for the benefit of the District shall begin the process by seeking prior approval from the Superintendent. Money or items raised by an online fundraising campaign will be the property of the District only upon acceptance by the Board, and will be used only in accordance with the terms for which they were given, as agreed to by the Board.
Approval of requests shall depend on factors including, but not limited to:
- Compatibility with the District’s educational program, mission, vision, core values, and beliefs;
- Congruence with the District and school goals that positively impact student performance;
- The District’s instructional priorities;
- The manner in which donations are collected and distributed by the crowdfunding platform;
- Equity in funding; and
- Other factors deemed relevant or appropriate by the District.
If approved, the requestor shall be responsible for preparing all materials and information related to the online fundraising campaign and keeping District administration apprised of the status of the campaign.
The requestor is responsible for compliance with all state and federal laws and other relevant District policies and procedures. All items and money generated are subject to the same controls and regulations as other District property and shall be deposited or inventoried accordingly. No money raised or items purchased shall be distributed to individual employees.
Approved: June 13, 2016